Gibson SG Standard '61 - Vintage Cherry
The Classic SG For Any Generation
The SG Standard ‘61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and an all new design evolved into what is today known as the SG or “solid guitar”. The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and keystone tuners. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. Controls feature audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
- Body Material:Mahogany
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Vintage Cherry
- Neck Material:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim Taper
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:Acrylic Trapezoids
- Number of Frets:22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Nut Width:1.695"
- Nut Material:Graph Tech
- Bridge/Tailpiece:ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic with Stopbar
- Tuners:Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Pickup:Burstbucker 61R Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup:Burstbucker 61T Humbucker
- Controls:2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Case Included:Hardshell Case